Shri Guru Ravidass Ji taught the following principles:
- The oneness, omnipresence and omnipotence of God, who is called Hari.
- The human soul is a particle of the Divine; the different between the two is like the difference between gold and the ornament, water and the wave.
- The rejection of caste.
- To realize God, which is the ultimate end of human life, man should concentrate on Hari, giving up rituals.
- Birth in a low caste is no hindrance in the way to spiritual development.
- The only way to moksha is to free the mind from duality.
- Pilgrimage and bathing in holy lakes is in vain.
The Shri Guru Ravidass Mission London states that:
- One who preaches the Shri Guru Ravidass Ji philosophy is a Ravidasi.
- It is not a condition that one should have been born in the Ravidasi community to become or initiated as one.
- There is even a holy scripture called Guru Sikhya Sahib mainly his quotations being taken out of the Guru Granth Sahib
- To celebrate Shri Guru Ravidass Jayanti according to the Punjabi calendar, Sunday, Sukhal Falgin Parvithta.
- To meditate on ‘Sohang’ or ‘Har.’
- Whenever any Ravidassia receives, meets, writes or addresses a fellow Ravidassia, he or she should say “Jai Gurudev”.
This entry was posted on February 14, 2010 by Ravidassia. It was filed under Information and was tagged with Ad Dharmi, Amritbani, Asia, Caste, Chamar, Dalit, God, Guru Ravidass, Gurudwara, Har, Hari, Haryana, Hinduism, Human, India, Indian, Jai Gurudev, Mira Bhai, Nishaan, Punjabi, Ravidas, Ravidasi, Ravidassia, Ravidassia Community, Religion and Spirituality, Shri Guru Ravidass Ji, Sikhism, Sohang, Soul, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Uttar Pradesh, village.